Sunday 27 February 2011

1960's inspired makeup look: Edie Sedgwick!

So I was feeling particularly experimental this evening and decided to give myself a 60's makeover! I am basing it on the look of the gorgeous Edie Sedgwick and watched the Pixiwoo tutorial for a little help, changing the products according to the ones I own.
Heres the Pixiwoo tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_MFaEYados
And Heres origional Edie:

Even though this picture Is in black and white I'm sure you can see that Edie certainly wasn't afraid of caking it on! Her look was all about flawless skin and big, dramatic eyes.

My Recreation: (please ignore any ugly hair or clothes, it is 11pm and I'm in my Pjs (apart from the 1st photo where I donned a 60's-ish dress for effect :)






Overall I LOVEEE this look and am really proud of the lines I managed to create. I wish the it was more wearable cause I'd wear it every day! Considering trying it on a night out to see the reaction I get..

Products used:

Face: Mac Studio fix fluid- NW15, Collection 2000 lasting wear concealer- 1 Fair, Maybelline dream matte powder- 02 rose ivory, Mac beauty powder- Oh so fair

Eyes: Mac eyebrow pencil- spiked, Sleek primer palette- white primer, a Pearly white pixi eyeshadow, Mac mineralize eyeshadow trio- Blue my mind (the black), Rimmel soft eye kohl- 071 pure white, Pixi gel liner- Onyx, Sleek lengthen & volumise mascara

Lips: Collection 2000 lasting wear concealer (a small amount), Benefit lipgloss- life on the Alist

What do you think?

Any of you tried a 60's look yourselves?

Rachy xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love it, you have done a great job! I think a silvery/white eye really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!
    I tried to do this before and the lines where so wonky and uneven so you did a awesome job. Do it on me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice job! It makes your eyes look enormous, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooooo cute! you need to wear it on a night out with one of your cute shift dresses! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you did such a good job, i love the eye make up! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...